- D +420 210 320 271
- F +420 210 320 270
- M +420 723 080 355
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
Radovan Kubáč is a partner in both our Prague and Bratislava offices.
He specialises in competition law and public procurement law. In competition law, he has extensive experience advising on merger notifications, as well as representing investigated undertakings before the national competition authorities, the European Commission and the courts. He also specialises in vertical agreements, state aid, preparing compliance programmes and conducting compliance training. In public procurement, he provides complex legal advice both to public contractors and tenderers.
Recent highlight matters in competition law include:
- advising on merger notifications to the Czech and Slovak competition authorities, and the European Commission;
- advising a German concern regarding one of the biggest investigations by the Czech and Slovak competition authorities into an alleged cartel agreement;
- advising a Japanese concern on an extensive investigation by the Czech and Slovak competition authorities into an alleged cartel agreement;
- advising a leading Slovak bank in relation to preliminary ruling proceedings before the European Court of Justice;
- advising a significant German concern in relation to preliminary ruling proceedings before the European Court of Justice;
- advising an exclusive importer of cars into the Czech Republic on an investigation into an alleged prohibited vertical agreement;
- advising a Czech intermediary buyer of cars from abroad in relation to a complaint about anticompetitive conduct before the Czech competition authority and the European Commission;
- advising several municipalities on state aid by way of grants from EU funds.
In public procurement, Radovan's recent work includes:
- assisting public sector and subsidised public contractors on the comprehensive administration of public tenders;
- advising more than 20 tenderers on submitting objections to the public contractors and subsequent motions to the relevant Czech authority and the court;
- carrying out numerous training programmes for public contractors and tenderers.
Radovan Kubáč read law in Olomouc (M.A.), Frankfurt (Oder) and Saarbruecken, Germany (LL.M.). He has worked in private practice since 2008, first at the Prague office of Gleiss Lutz and later, until 2013, at the law firm Schoenherr. From 2006 to 2007, he worked for the Directorate General for Competition of the European Commission and the Energy and Competition Office of Baden-Wuerttemberg.
Radovan is a member of the Czech Bar.
He works in Czech, Slovak, German and English.