- D +421 221 025 252
- F +421 221 025 251
- M +421 903 709 197
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrea Oršulová is a partner in our Bratislava office.
She specialises in competition law, regulatory matters (telecommunications and energy) and public procurement. In competition law, she has extensive experience particularly regarding cartel agreements and abuse of dominant position.
Her competition law highlights include:
- long-term advisory to a Slovak waste collection company on competition law, including representation before the Slovak competition authority and Slovak courts regarding alleged abuse of dominance;
- long-term advisory to a Slovak energy supplier on competition law;
- long-term advisory to a Slovak producer of brown coal on competition law;
- long-term advisory to a Slovak energy distribution system operator on competition law and representation in a case of alleged abuse of dominant position;
- long-term advisory to a Slovak fuel producer, including representation before the Slovak competition authority in a case of alleged abuse of dominant position;
- advising a foreign concern on one of the biggest investigations by the Slovak competition authority into an alleged cartel agreement;
- advising a Slovak electronic communication services provider through fixed and mobile networks on many competition law questions;
- long-term advisory to a meal vouchers company in a cartel proceeding before the Antimonopoly Office of the Slovak Republic, as well as day-to-day advisory on competition issues and public procurement;
- long-term advisory to a client in the banking sector related to competition law issues;
- advising several undertakings on various competition law matters, including competition law audits and preparation of internal compliance programmes.
In regulatory matters, Andrea's notable mandates include:
- advising a Slovak electronic communication services provider through a fixed network on regulatory questions;
- advising a Slovak energy distribution system operator on regulatory questions;
- advising a Slovak energy producer on regulatory questions, including EU energy legislation;
- advising a Slovak mobile telecommunication services provider on regulatory questions;
- advising a foreign energy provider on regulatory questions;
- advising a foreign electronic communication services provider with a branch in Slovakia on regulatory matters, including advice regarding an interconnection agreement.
Andrea Oršulová read law in Bratislava (M.A.; Dr.). In 2014 she obtained a PhD. from the Faculty of Law of Danubius University, where she also lectured on competition law. From 1999 to 2003, she was director of second instance proceedings at the Antimonopoly Office of the Slovak Republic, and from 2003 to 2006 she worked at telecommunication companies as a legal specialist for competition law and regulatory matters. She has been a practicing attorney since 2006 and a member of the Slovak Bar since 2008. Initially she worked as an associate in the law firms CVD and Ružička Csekes, and from 2009 to 2014 in the law firm ius aegis as a partner.
She has authored or co-authored numerous articles on competition law and is also the co-author of the publications Cartel Agreements (C.H. Beck, 2009), Competition Law in the Slovak Republic (Kluwer Law International, 2011, 2017) and Commentary on the Act on the Protection of Economic Competition (Wolters Kluwer, 2014).
Andrea works in Slovak, English and Czech.
Komenský University Bratislava (M.A. 1999; Dr. 2001)
Danubius University (PhD. 2015)